Monday, February 24, 2014

Mocha




The memory I am going to share is actually a recent memory. It’s the memory of me deciding to be fit and go on a nine-mile run, spontaneously. So, it was about a week ago and I decided I wanted to get more active and be more fit and started eating healthier, like most people do. So, I went down to the lake and I was gonna ride my bike but then I decided I didn’t want to do that because there were too many people down there and it made me nervous. Instead, I decided to go for a run. I wasn’t planning on being out there that long, then as I got into it, I really enjoyed it and didn’t want to stop. I actually went around the whole lake and it was pretty neat. I saw a bunch of interesting people; it was beautiful outside, like seventy-five degrees and sunny. Everybody was down at the lake. They had kids rowing crew and it was just so much fun. I met some really great people on my run and it was just a lot of fun. I didn’t really think of the consequences after the run. I was just in the moment and I had never run the entire lake before and I decided that I really wanted to do it. I grew up here and it’s just something I’ve always wanted to do. So I did it! It was the first time and I felt really accomplished and really great. But, I knew the next few days were going to be miserable because I was already becoming sore like an hour before I was going to finish the run. I was like, that’s not a good sign. The next few days were awful and I was regretting it. I dunno. But I felt really accomplished and it was a really good memory and something I want to continue.



-Katie, Mudsmith

No comments:

Post a Comment