Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Latte


Latte

     The story I’m going to share today is kind of how I got interested in cars. When I was younger my dad had this XJ6 Jaguar and I loved that car. I wish he still had it. But, he gave it to my sister who drove it for a couple years and then it just fell apart and we had to sell it for scrap. What makes me so attached to that car is kind of how I learned to drive, per say? Considering I was like five or six, we had entered the alleyway to get to my garage and he put me on his lap and I would have the nice wooden steering wheel and drive down the alleyway without hitting anything. Not that my dad would have let me, he probably had his foot on the break the whole time. But, what was truly special about that car was, as a lot of people know, old Jaguars have possibly the worst electrics of any car on the planet Earth. None of them work. But, despite the fact that it was terrible, sitting in a leather car in the middle of summer. But, I adored that car. I saw past its faults. Needless to say, only some of the buttons worked. The radio worked, but other than that none of the electrics worked. Any button you pushed didn’t really do anything. So, my dad, me being like five or six, would pretend the car was like a submarine and pushing a button would launch a torpedo at unsuspecting cars that were apparently Japanese or German submarines or cargo ships or whatever it happened to be that day. Just the innocence of that car has grown into my love of cars.

-Geoff, Laguna Coffee



No comments:

Post a Comment