Friday, March 28, 2014

Chai Latte with Milk


Chai Latte with Milk

     I’m going to give you the memory of my boyfriend and me and how we met. Falling in love, if you will.
So, it was about two years ago and I was in a really weird, strange place because I had just broken up with somebody - against my will - my mother had made me leave this person for certain reasons. So, I was just ready to not be in a relationship and date willy-nilly.
I signed up to be a tutor for the kids at the local junior college and I met Cameron, who seemed like this lone wolf at the time. I remember walking up to the building and he was standing outside, smoking a cigarette, and looking up at the sky, all by himself. I was like: you’re weird. It was really awesome, though.
At the time, I was actually dating another guy named Cameron, so it was kind of hard to keep the two separate. Then, other Cameron had taken me out for Valentine’s Day and my birthday is three days after Valentine’s Day. The Cameron that I’m with now ended up singing me a love song and giving me a kiss for my birthday and then there was no chance for anybody else. It was the end of all other guys in my mind.
For the first three months, we were just complete jerks to each other. You know, the back and forth playful banter. And then, this one time, I remember I insulted his GPA, because I had a perfect GPA at the time. And he was just like, “Can we stop being mean to each other now?” Then I remember, we were all standing out in the parking lot after tutoring and he asked me if I wanted to go out with him. Feeling the happiest that I have ever felt (I felt like I had just been proposed to, actually, it was THAT good). We’ve been together ever since. Hopefully, becoming engaged soon, after he graduates in the following semester.


-Alanah, The Pearl Cup




1 comment:

  1. So is the "mean" mother alluded to in the above memory such a horrible character, after all, or did she actually pave the way for a fairytale future?

    ReplyDelete