Sunday, March 30, 2014

Iced Coffee


     It was last year. I decided it would be a good idea to try out for cheer since I had done it in middle school, and I thought that I could. I spent days learning this cheer and this dance because I was so excited. I wanted to at least make JV, because I was going to be a sophomore.
The tryout finally came. We had been going over it over and over and over again. I went into the gym and it was just three judges staring at me while I did this cheer and I was like, “WOODROW, WILDCATS,” and then I blanked.
It was like, a two-minute cheer and I got like the first two seconds of it, even though I had gone over it so much. So, I just slowly put my arms down from my high “V” in my cheer and I made this really ugly face and one of the three judges (it had been completely silent), she started laughing at me. So, I just curtsied and I spirited off, just going, “GO WOODROW!”
And that was the end of my cheer experience. I’m officially retired.



-Sarah, Legal Grounds

No comments:

Post a Comment